- What is Speak Out Iowa?
- What data is the University of Iowa trying to gather and why?
- Who is administering this survey?
- What is the University of Iowa's survey instrument?
- Who should participate in this survey?
- I have not experienced sexual misconduct while at the University of Iowa. Should I still take this survey?
- Is the survey anonymous?
- Is the survey voluntary?
- How do I take the survey?
- How long will the survey take to complete?
- Is there any compensation associated with completing the survey?
- Does the survey work on all browsers and mobile devices?
- What if I do not have a personal computer/laptop and want to complete the survey privately?
- What will the University of Iowa do with the results?
- Where should I go if I or someone I know needs support dealing with sexual misconduct?
- I still have questions about the Speak Out Iowa Survey. Who should I contact?
Speak Out Iowa is a campus safety survey being conducted by the University of Iowa to examine sexual misconduct occurring on campus, including sexual harassment, sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking.
Preventing sexual misconduct is a very important issue within our campus community. The information gathered from this survey will be used to support our work to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our students and community.
This survey aims to:
- Assess student perceptions of the UI's campus climate regarding sexual misconduct.
- Identify the incidence of sexual misconduct on the UI campus, including sexual harassment, sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking.
- Assess student perceptions of the UI's response to sexual misconduct.
The survey instrument being used is the ARC3 Survey (Administrator Researcher Campus Climate Collaborative Survey). This survey was created by a collaborative group of experts committed to using the most current, empirically-supported measures. The survey has been slightly modified to reflect our campus, and members of the Anti-violence Coalition and student leaders had active roles in providing feedback and assessing its content.
All degree-seeking undergraduate, graduate, and professional students are encouraged to complete the survey.
I have not experienced sexual misconduct while at the University of Iowa. Should I still take this survey?
Yes! This survey is about more than just victimization rates; we are also assessing your perceptions of the campus climate. We want to hear from every student as sexual misconduct impacts all of us.
Yes. Responses to the survey are completely anonymous. We will not be able to trace your responses to your HawkID, student ID, email, or IP address. When you first sign in to the survey you will be asked to enter your HawkID to confirm you are a UI student, then you will be redirected to the anonymous survey.
Yes. Participation is completely voluntary and you are free to skip any questions that you do not want to answer.
The survey is now closed.
The survey takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. It is best to allow yourself time to complete the survey in one-sitting.
I started the survey but had to stop, and now I can't access it at all. What do I do?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will reset your information so you can take the survey anew.
The first 3000 students to complete the survey will have the choice of selecting a guaranteed $5 electronic gift card or entering into a lottery for one of the prizes below.
After the first 3000 students complete the survey, all remaining students who complete the survey will be entered into the lottery for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- $300 cash prize
- A computer ($1000 value)
- Flat screen TV
- Show at Hancher for you and a guest
- $400 worth of campus parking vouchers
- Football tickets (2) in the President’s suite for UI vs. Ohio State ($350 value)
- Bluetooth headphones ($150 value)
- Massages at CRWC for a year ($420 value)
- Bicycle ($500 value)
- Courtside seats for a Men's Hawkeye basketball game
- Courtside seats for a Women's Hawkeye basketball game
- A puppy and burrito party for you and up to 10 friends
- Private study room in the IMU during Finals Week (2 nights) and snacks
- Early registration for spring 2018 classes
- Free CAB movies for a year
- Ride in a car in the 2018 Homecoming Parade
If the survey is anonymous, how will I receive compensation if I win a prize?
After completing the anonymous survey, you will be automatically redirected to a new survey where you will enter your name and uiowa email address along with your compensation selection.
WRAC (Bowman House - 230 N. Clinton Street) and RVAP (332 S. Linn St # 100) will have computers available at their offices Monday thru Friday, 8am - 5pm, for students to take the survey privately.
Survey results will be made public in spring 2018 and will be used to inform our ongoing efforts to address sexual misconduct on campus through the UI Anti-Violence Plan. Because the survey is anonymous, no information identifying individual student responses will be reported.
If you or someone you know needs help or support dealing with sexual harassment, sexual violence, dating violence, or stalking please follow this link for a comprehensive list of resources.
If you have questions or comments about the administration or promotion of the Speak Out Iowa Survey, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Life at 319-335-3557 or email@example.com.